I love the fall and I pretty much always have. Fall to me has always been the start of a new school year or work anniversary and that’s usually brought with it new challenges, new wardrobes, new seasons of my favorite TV shows, and new people. So in honor of the first day of fall, here’s a list of reasons why autumn is my favorite season:
- Perfect Weather: Fall is the seasonal equivalent of Little Bear’s porridge. It’s not too hot and not too cold and that means it’s a great month or so spent outdoors.
- Leaves: I grew up in the North East and that means I expect very distinctive seasons. As soon as September rolls around the leaves change color and suddenly I’m awash in a sea of gorgeous red, orange, and yellow trees. It may be nature’s way of cleaning house for winter, but I must say, what a way to go.
- Boots: I’ve been cursed with terrible circulation, so my feet are always cold. But fall gives me an excuse to finally cover up my extremities again.
- Scarves: I developed a scarf habit while living abroad and I’ve never quite shaken it. So I have a pile of decorative scarves taking up space in my closet that I’m finally able to break out and wear again! That is, until I need the winter ones…
- Leather Jackets: I’m so glad leather came back in style a few years ago. It makes me feel like a total badass to rock a leather jacket with a pair of matching boots.
- Warm Drinks: I’m not a pumpkin spice latte kind of girl (thankfully), but I love a good cup of hot chocolate when seasonally appropriate for warm beverages. Plus, they give you something to wrap your cold hands around!
- Leggings: I have a couple of dresses in my wardrobe that are just a smidge too short to be worn without tights. Which means that for the entire summer they were retired from my wardrobe. But now that it’s getting into cooler weather, I can break out my leggings and wear them again!
- Sweaters: As much as I love legwear, there’s nothing better than a good comfy sweater. Whether it’s layered with work attire or just tossed on over some jeans, they always feel like a hug of fabric.
- Fall TV: Summer is a bit of a lull for mainstream television networks, so you can bet your bottom dollar that I’m ready for the fall lineup. There’s a handful of old favorites returning this October and a bunch of new material to check out as well. I can’t wait!
- Halloween: I love everything about this holiday. From sweet treats to decorations to costume planning, nothing makes me happier than Halloween. I love carving nerdy pumpkins (last year I did Randall from Monsters Inc.), baking spiced treats for all my friends, hanging fake cobwebs on my door frame, and being around to hand out candy to my neighbors slash eat the leftovers. Of all the things I love about fall, Halloween is most certainly my favorite.
What’s your favorite thing about fall? Let me know in the comments down below!