Remember back in January when I said I was going to focus on reading books I already owned instead of buying new ones? Remember how I said that I had 57 unread books on my shelf, some of which have been waiting there for years, and how important it was that I start going through them? Well, I thought that I’d give you an update on how that’s going.
The good news is that I’ve finished eight more books from the TBR Jars and reviewed a good number of them also. So progress was indisputably made and is ongoing.
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
- Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
- Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
- Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
- Breaking Point by Kristen Simmons
- Meant to Be by Lauren Morill
- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
- This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen
The bad news is that in the last four and a half months I’ve also gone book shopping twice and added ten new unread books to my collection. So really, I’m up to 59 unread books now. Whoops. Though for what it’s worth, most of those books are rounding out series I already own or filling in gaps for some of my favorite authors. So they’re all books I would probably have bought anyway and ones I’m definitely going to read.
- Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
- Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
- City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
- Three by Kristen Simmons
- The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp
- Shadowfell by Juliet Marillier
- Goliath by Scott Westerfeld
- Written in Red by Anne Bishop
- Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop
- The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Cary Ryan
I know, I know. I have terrible self-restraint. So I feel compelled to point out that while I did actually buy more books than the aforementioned ten, the other eleven were books that have either been on my already-read-want-to-own shopping list for a while (more than six months) or books that I immediately read and finished. Gift cards were also judicially applied to these purchases.
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- Fair Game by Patricia Briggs
- Night Broken by Patricia Briggs
- The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson
- The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson
- The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson
- A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin
- Dreamland by Sarah Dessen
- Every Day by David Levithan
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman
- Where She Went by Gayle Forman
So really, I’m not doing that badly, right? I’ve read nineteen of my owned books since January and a few more that I don’t own, too. That’s progress well made in my opinion.
How are you doing with your TBR lists? Let me know in the comments down below.